This job is no longer available
GuidePal – the world’s most popular free city guide app – is looking for highly talented travel journalists and travel editors to work full-time for us in London.
At GuidePal, we're passionate about travel, and we believe that the only way to really experience a city is to do it like a local. As a Guide Editor, you’ll be given a portfolio of approx.12 guides, and you’ll be responsible for working on and managing all composite parts of those guides. You will work closely with our local experts in each city to create fresh editorial for your guides, keeping them constantly updated.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- constantly, and rigorously, improving the standard of editorial, making sure your writing is on-brand and superior to our competitors.
- keeping your portfolio of city guides up-to-date, ensuring that the information is accurate.
- travelling to featured cities when necessary to create new editorial and seek out local experts.
- developing and maintaining good working relationships with our local experts.
- maintaining a balance between writing, editing, proofing and managing.
- building an understanding of the intricacies of working for a start-up, following developments in this industry and the travel industry at large.
- contributing editorial to our newsletters and blog.
You will have:
- a portfolio of published travel writing
- a vivid, evocative and engaging writing style
- a meticulous nature with superb organisational skills
- an unrelenting passion for creating beautifully written articles, and for maintaining this standard across all guides.
- a hawk-like attention to detail
- thorough research skills
- a passion for travel
With more than 3.5 million users, we’re quickly establishing ourselves as a leader in the travel app market. Want to join our talented Editorial team and help GuidePal become one of the indispensable tools of travel? Send a CV, cover letter and three published writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Add ATTN: Simon Doyle to your subject line.
Deadline for applications: Friday 18 May.