This job is no longer available
AMEinfo, the Middle East’s leading business information resource, is seeking a Content Manager to oversee the development of SMEinfo, a soon-to-be launched website catering to small to medium enterprises (SMEs) in the UAE.
Reporting to the Editor, thesuccessful candidate will be expected to:
• Develop content that challenges and stimulates readers
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts
• Gather and produce valuable data on relevant sectors, and verify its accuracy
• Generate ideas for interviews, features and industry analysis
• Ensure the accuracy of content at all times and to moderated User Generated content
• Research and write blogs, opinion pieces and associatedcontent
• To act as an ambassador at functions/exhibitions/events during working hours, evenings or weekends as and when required
* To maintain timely and open communication with the site’s users across a variety of mediums, including direct email, social media platforms and newsletters
• Todeliver special projects including supplements, seminars and awards
• To ensure that all copy is libel-free, accurate, follows house style and is relevant to readers
Apply if you have:
• A recognised journalistic qualification equivalent to NCTJ standard
• Excellent written and oral English skills
• Thorough and demonstrable knowledge of social media trends
• Business writing/editing background preferred
Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Ability to multi-task
• An eye for detail-led research
An attractive, tax-free salary package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Please send a copy of your CV and letter of application to Aaron Greenwood, AMEinfo managing editor, at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 8th June 2012.