This job is no longer available
Location: Detroit, MI
CRAIN'S DETROIT BUSINESS—Detroit's leading weekly business publication for upper-level executives and business owners. Coverage: industry rankings, auto supplier news, non-auto manufacturing, health care, commercial and industrial real estate, technology, small business, finance and "executive life" issues. Registered users enjoy free daily, weekly and breaking news e-mails.
Job Title: Entrepreneurship Editor- Crain’s Detroit Business
• Research and write stories to cover the small business, entrepreneurship, jobs, and hiring beats for print and web.
• Oversee monthly special sections on entrepreneurship.
• Build a broad, diverse source network.
• Ensure publication is alert to all trends, programs and policies that affect small and growing businesses
• Meet all publication deadlines.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Successful candidate must have a strong reporting and writing background. Editing experience helpful. At least 3-5 years reporting experience preferred.
• Ability to grasp a wide variety of subjects.
• Pluses: Business reporting/editing experience and experience posting Web content.
• Position based in Detroit
Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with over 30 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism which readers have relied upon for over 90 years.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.crain.com and search under the “Careers” section.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.