This job is no longer available
Head of Content – Womenswear
NW1 - Camden
Founded in 2000, ASOS is the UK's largest independent online fashion retailer.
ASOS is the third most visited apparel website on the planet (comscore data April 2011) and offers over 50,000 products across 850 brands. Sales for the financial year ending 31 March 2011 were £339.7 million. With over 900 employees based in the UK and starting to recruit internationally, ASOS continues to grow internationally with 50% of retail sales now coming from outside of the UK.
Our ambition is to win the global online fashion race, having set ourselves a target to reach £1bn annual sales by 2015. Therefore it is integral that ASOS continues to attract top talent across the globe to help us realise our goals.
• Working with the Marketing Director, Head of Marketing, Head of Art, PR and Retail teams to co-create and implement a digital content strategy that enables and facilitates social sharing driving awareness, traffic, engagement and advocacy and ultimately ASOS sales, whilst building brand credibility.
• Working with the Marketing Director, Head of Marketing, Head of Art, PR and Retail teams, build brand perception by creating brand architecture and brand guidelines for women’s and men’s content, specifically tone of voice and editorial position, art direction and graphic treatment which are communicated, understood and demonstrated across all channels at all times.
• Work with Customer Insight to deeply understand our target audience and act as their champion.
• Work with marketing to create and support compelling insight-led promotions and campaigns that drive sales and maintain brand perception.
• Work with PR to create daily stories that build the brand visually.
• Champion customer focused content at the heart of ASOS marketing campaigns.
• Lead and manage the magazine and women’s content team (this includes project management, editorial, art , copywrite and the international editors who will eventually report to Country Managers (but have a dotted line into the role) ensuring that they achieve their objectives and goals.
• Identify staff development and training needs and ensure they are met.
• Ensure all content achieves the required commercial objectives including engaging with existing target customers and new target customers.
• Act as an ambassador for ASOS in the fashion, beauty and media industry.
• Manage womenswear content budget.
• Support the Commercial Strategy.
• Contribute to the strategic development of ASOS digital experience.
• Be an integral member of the Senior Marketing Team helping to support and develop others.
We are passionate about our people; they’re the future of our business, which is why we invest time and effort in recruiting the perfect match! Our employees are passionate about ASOS, their role and the overall success of the company. We are all motivated to drive our own success and achieve individual objectives. Communication is key to any role here as our employees continually build relationships at all levels across the business. We’re fast paced, so all employees need to able to adapt to change pretty quickly, be enthused and excited about what’s around the corner for us.
Some key skills that you need...
• Strong background in fashion, styling and editing
• Plugged into fashion industry and ‘twentysomething’ culture
• Ideas person, highly creative yet with a good understanding of fashion and retail business and the challenges the current financial environment brings
• Able to balance the integrity of our content with the commercial and trading requirement of the business
• Able to understand the needs of the target customer as well as be able to communicate confidently about fashion
• Robust understanding of multi channel content publishing inc apps, social media and video
• Able to multitask
• Excellent influencing
• Confident presenter
• Excellent managerial skills, able to develop and nurture a wide range of staff at different levels of experience
• Dynamic and decisive
• Excellent creative writing and copywriting skills with a highly accurate eye for detail
• Creative, innovative and driven to produce quality at all times
• Excellent understanding of the ASOS brand and commercial focus
• Up to date with the latest fashion, music, social and celebrity news
• Must have digital and social media experience
• Proficient in all required systems, including CMS
• Able to demonstrate the ability to delegate authority and responsibility effectively
• Able to use persuasive communication to champion the needs of the customer