This job is no longer available
PR Account Director - Corporate Communications and Financial PR in Nr Liverpool St
About the company
Our client is a corporate and financial communications agency. Designs, Digital, PR. They provide innovative and award-winning solutions through an open and honest culture, forging strong relationships with both their clients and their employees. As an expanding business they are looking for candidates who are passionate about communications and will contribute to the successful growth of the agency.
The PR Account Director’s primary responsibility is to service the agency’s PR clients under the direction of the PR Director Additionally, the PR Account Director assists the PR Director in identifying and driving organic and new business activity across the divisions, as well as driving the agency’s marketing programme.
For the agency’s PR client projects, the PR Account Director is expected to:
- Draft annual and project proposals for clients with limited PR Director input (including budgets)
- Deliver exemplary client service for specified clients. This will include: – Have a strong working relationship with the client who listens and values your advice
- – Work to be an equal to your client – not just a ‘yes’ person – Develop a strong knowledge of your clients business, their competitors and relevant industry bodies – Identifying key messages and audiences and developing a communications plan – Delivering projects and campaigns against briefs – Client satisfaction – Understand the financial side of each account, the allocated hours per month vs actual fee and the resulting servicing levels Actively develop relationships with key clients and be seen as main point of contact on the account
- Identify relevant opportunities to secure organic growth.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with appropriate members of the media.
For the agency’s new business, the PR Account Director is expected to:
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for new business, having a minimum of 5 conversations per week (email, telephone, face-to-face)
- Drive initiatives to identify new business opportunities
- Draft new business proposals
- Be capable of leading new business pitches with little or no involvement from the PR Director
- Be pro-active in understanding how social media impacts your clients business.
For the agency’s. The PR Account Director is expected to:
- Train and mentor junior PR account team, as required
- Lead by example and ensure your team have very clear direction and roles and responsibilities across account portfolio
- Assist with the agency’s marketing and sales activities as required
- Support the PR Director to ensure client billing is accurate and ensure all costs are re-charged accordingly.
- Key responsibilities:
- For the agency’s. The PR Account Director is expected to:
- Work with colleagues from other agency divisions on their client projects, including writing copy for items such as mailers, website, newsletters, brochures, presentations
- Aid the company’s marketing and business development programme as required, including: – Writing or editing copy for items such as press releases, mailers, website, newsletters, brochures, presentations – Assisting as required with company’s seminars and events – Identify opportunities to cross-sell company’s services where appropriate
- Be an Ambassador for the agency across all touch-points.
- Roles reporting to this position
- Account executive (s), if applicable
- For some projects, a freelance PR Account Executive might be appointed. In such cases that person would, for the duration of the project, report to the PR
- Account Director on matters relating to that project while reporting to the PR
- Director on all other matters
- In the absence of the PR Director, support and ensure all clients actions are fulfilled to high standard and on time.
- Overall, the Account Director is expected to:
- Identify and drive opportunities for new business
- Play a significant role in delivering new business to the agency
- Maintain first-class client relationship and ensure account KPI’s are being met and exceeded at all times
- Final approval on all client-facing work
- Have excellent communication skills – both internally and client facing.
- Maintain excellent media contacts
- Be detail conscious and capable of multi-tasking
- Have passion a sense of humour and a can-do attitude at all times
Have a personal drive to deliver value to client and performance to the Company Lead by example and demonstrate to your team your role on each account Adhere at all times to the agency’s policies and working procedures as specified in the Employee Handbook. Keep abreast of market trends, client needs and competitive offers. Produce quarterly and annual review presentations and present face-to-face to client Attend networking events, seminars and conferences, including out-of-hours, as required in order to maintain personal professional development and to build networking and new business contacts.
Please accept our apologies, but due to the huge volume of current applications only the candidates our clients are interested in will be contacted in relation to this position. We do however keep some candidates details on file for other potential positions. This position would be commutable from the following areas:-
Ipswich, Colchester, Chelmsford, Southend- on-sea, Maidstone, Brighton, Crawley, Harsham, Guildford, Woking, Farnborough, Reading, Staines, Slough, High Wycombe, Watford, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans, Enfield, Harlow, Brentwood, Basildon, Dartford, Sevenoaks, Bromley, Croydon, Epsom, Kingston Upon Thames, Hounslow, Uxbridge, Barnet, Romford and Barking.
Leed Recruitment Limited are a skilled specialist recruitment consultancy for Agency Side Marketing, Advertising, PR, Design, New Media, Online Marketing, Search, SEM, SEO and PPC. We also service agency's offering the above specifically to:- Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare and Medical Education. We also service agency's offering the above for CSR and Corporate and Financial Reporting. We provide a comprehensive and highly professional range of recruiting services for clients and applicants Nationally.
If you know someone who fits this description and who would be perfect for the job, then send them this way, making sure they tell us you referred them. If we place them we will send you up to £250 as a thank you for your referral.