This job is no longer available
Are you an avid writer with a thirst for discovering the way businesses work? The Simply group is looking for an energetic reporter to work on its online Internal Communications publication simply-communicate.com, as well as undertaking writing and production tasks for our thriving consultancy business - simply-goodadvice.
- Discover, research and report interesting, timely & relevant corporate communication stories and case studies.
- Attend and review relevant industry events.
- Conduct interviews with industry personnel, in person or via online channels such as Skype, and with filming sometimes required.
- Research, curate and summarise news pieces for weekly publication.
- Help build and maintain simply-communicate’s voice through social media platforms.
- Community management.
- Help to maintain the publication's mailing list & database.
- Co-produce monthly webinars with guest speakers from the industry.
- Help prepare proposals, presentations and other materials.
- Direct contact with clients.
- Attend client meetings alongside senior consultants.
- Full training for these responsibilities will be given.
- Excellent writing skills with a focus on fast, accurate reporting
- Interest in business journalism and social media
- Able to write with a informative, friendly and entertaining tone
- CMS experience
- A strong understanding of social media
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, prioritise and take the initiative
- Video - filming/editing/presenting experience a bonus
- Project management skills are desirable
To apply, please enclose your CV, covering letter and two examples of published work (on or offline) that demonstrate why you are ideal for the role. Also include in your application a pitch for at least one story idea you feel would be appropriate for the simply-communicate site.