This job is no longer available
Title: Consumer PR Manager, AOL HPMG
Reports to: Head of Corporate Communications, Europe
Location: London, WC1E
Position Type: Permanent
AOL Huffington Post Media Group UK is a division of AOL Huffington Post Media Group International that is responsible for AOL’s consumer media businesses outside of North America. AOL Huffington Post Media Group UK includes the editorial business operations of AOL’s consumer media business In UK, which include The Huffington Post UK, MyDaily, Parentdish and the AOL UK network of sites.
AOL UK is a top five digital media company in terms of audience, top three in IPA Media Owner Effectiveness Awards, and has continued to grow its rankings in each editorial vertical building brands such as MyDaily into the UK’s biggest women’s fashion and beauty site.
AOL has in excess of 11m unique visitors in the UK each month. The Huffington Post UK was launched in July 2011 and has already surpassed 2.5m unique visitors per month. The Huffington Post in the US was launched in 2006 and quickly grew to become one of America’s most respected online newspapers.
Purpose of role
The Consumer PR Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a consumer PR strategy for key AOL channels (primarily The Huffington Post, MyDaily & Parentdish), products and editorial talent. The Manager will work cross functionally to develop strategies and implement PR programmes that create brand awareness, drive users to our sites.
Key Role Accountabilities
• Working with the Head of Corporate Communications to create develop and execute creative digital PR strategies that maximise AOL Huffington Post Media Group brands in consumer media – digital, print and broadcast.
• Handle day-to-day press activity:
o reacting to press enquiries as they arise
o proactively publicising any key news lines from interviews and blogs
o raising editor profile through various platforms including television appearances and entering brands/candidates for award ceremonies
• Devise ideas for big PR moments (larger campaigns, events etc.), working with external agencies where needed
• Work closely with internal departments such as editorial and marketing to develop PR activity that has an impact across the business as a whole
• Work with corporate communications in responding to any big issues/crisis arising in the media or internally
• Internal communication - publicise key wins with the wider team
• Support Corporate Communications function when needed
• A good level of demonstrated consumer Public Relations experience
• A thorough understanding and experience in delivering digital consumer campaigns
• Proactive in generating new ideas to create exciting consumer PR programmes
• Has a strong news sense, identifying key news lines in original content to publicise to other media
• Great contacts book across a whole range of consumer media
• Strong writing skills
• Events management experience
• Crisis communications experience
• Ideal background from working with a news brand
• Online/digital experience highly desirable
• Experience within a PR agency is desirable
• BA (Hons) Degree