This job is no longer available
Please ensure your eligibility to work in the US before applying.
EDITOR, LNG AMERICAS, Houston
ICIS, a leading provider of gas, power and carbon news and prices, has an opportunity in Houston for an experienced reporter and editor to lead the coverage of the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) market in the Americas.
This is a key role in the 10 person strong global LNG team, which is located between the US, Europe and Asia. The role is located in the company’s busy and well-established Houston office. The Editor will represent the company at a high level and promote the output from the company’s increasingly high profile LNG publications. They will be expected to contribute to product development initiatives and take our LNG coverage forwards.
In addition to assessing traded LNG prices for both the US and the emerging South American markets, the Editor will be expected to write news and analysis for the gas markets in this region and edit copy from all regions.
The Editor will manage one other Houston-based reporter specialising in LNG and work closely with them to ensure continued market leading news and market commentary.
To be successful in this role, applicants will need:
• Experience breaking news and writing features in complex and opaque commodity markets.
• Investigative reporting skills.
• Market reporting experience.
• The ability to write longer features and focus pieces highlighting broader industry trends.
• Excellent inter-personal skills to establish contacts and build relationships with traders, brokers, producers, buyers, executives and consultants active in the industry.
• Enough initiative and flexibility to work within a global team, to tight deadlines, in a fast changing industry.
• Presentation and public speaking experience.
• Spanish language skills would be an advantage, as would previous management experience.
The successful candidate will have at least four years’ experience as a business reporter, preferably working in energy or commodities markets. Real-time reporting experience would be an advantage, as would gas industry knowledge.
The role involves regular travel opportunities within the region and the chance to train with other members of the LNG team around the world. The direct reporting line is to Europe.
ICIS Heren is part of Reed Business Information (RBI), a leading B2B online media and publishing company, with an award-winning portfolio of branded community websites, online subscription services, web based directories and search products. RBI has annual sales of £250 million in 18 vertical markets in the UK, Europe, USA and Asia.
Salaries / Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that will provide you with significant opportunities and advantages. You may choose from a wide menu of options including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), retirement benefits, flexible spending accounts, vacation, sick, personal, and holiday time. You are eligible for many of our health benefits from your first day of employment.
Please send your CV with a covering letter (stating your salary expectations) to the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org - quoting job ref: 01721