This job is no longer available
We are currently looking to hire a talented Editor in Chief to join our digital team, Studio D, in Covent Garden, London.
Waggener Edstrom is one of the largest communications agencies in the world and Studio D is our dedicated creative and digital division. WE provides integrated communications consulting and services for some of the world’s most innovative brands.
The Editor-in-Chief is a highly valued content strategist who knows how to develop stories and other digital assets that resonate and inspire, while understanding the dynamics of content creation, curation, delivery, measurement and governance. A senior consultant for Studio D, you will work across multiple accounts and sectors. You will also take part in business development activities and pitches, so we need someone that can inspire people to invest and engage in great content.
In a nutshell…
• We’re looking for a senior writer, with strong agency experience
• We want someone who understands technology and can write about it for business audiences
• We need a mix of flawless copy with proven account and project management expertise
• We need someone with a strong editorial sense and experience of creating and driving content strategy.
About the role
The most senior member of the Studio D editorial team, you’ll need to be able to scope projects that often have numerous moving parts. Our clients range from large technology and healthcare brands so you will need to be an expert in writing about technology. You’ll need to be able simplify complex concepts to speak to specific audiences, and be comfortable writing long-form and short-form copy. You will need to be an expert client consultant, taking projects from a nugget of an idea to an outstanding piece of work that the team and agency can be proud of.
• You should be great with people.
• You should be an accomplished wordsmith.
• You should be able to lead a project.
• You should thrive in a fast paced, agency environment
• You will have experience of writing for offline and online channels
• You will have experience writing about technology or business issues in an agency environment
• You will have excellent written and oral communication skills
• You will possess a high level of organizational skills with management experience
• You will have previous experience managing a team of writers and working directly with clients, account teams and vendors, and managing budgets and projects
In return, you can not only expect a competitive salary plus superb benefits but you can also expect to work for a progressive, forward-thinking agency. Our training is second to none, you will work across pan-European or global clients and you will work within a fun, welcoming and supportive team.
Please email your CV to our Staffing Partner, Tamara Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email your CV, with some examples of your work and your salary expectations.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK.