This job is no longer available
We issued our first insurance policy 300 years ago. Since then we’ve gone on to become one of the world’s largest and most successful insurance groups, helping over 20 million customers across the globe. Our aim to help customers protect themselves may have stayed the same, but at RSA we never stand still.
The Media Relations Executive will work with the Personal Lines business area at all levels up to the Executive Team, developing, planning and managing all external communications. You will also be expected to act as an external spokesperson for the business.
The purpose of the role is to deliver a first class communications service to RSA by implementing a UK External Communications Strategy within the UK Personal Lines business, including MORE TH>N, to ensure that it supports the delivery of UK business objectives. To assist in protecting and promoting RSA / MORE TH>N’s corporate reputation and brand values amongst key external audiences and to provide strategic communications consultancy to the business.
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop national and regional press campaigns (personal finance, consumer and news) from concept and research through to release and press briefings.
• Develop and manage reactive response plans for issues across RSA and MORE TH>N.
• Identify pro-active communication opportunities, through regular meetings with business stakeholders.
• Create best in class response service providing (personal finance, consumer and trade) with a quick, reliable and effective port of call for information on industry issues.
• Work closely with Affinity and Personal Lines Broker partners to agree and implement communications strategies.
• Manage agencies to deliver agreed objectives within budgetary control.
• Work with customer relations team to manage complaints and provide response to regional/broadcast/national press.
• Arrange events for key internal stakeholders and journalists
You’ll be an experienced external communications professional with strong written and oral communication skills.
You’ll possess a broad range of media relation skills, including drafting press releases, event organisation, dealing with journalists’ queries and acting as a spokesperson.
You’ll have the ability to assimilate complex financial and organisational information.
You’ll have strong journalistic skills including drafting feature articles and identifying potential stories.
You’ll be well organised with good time management skills, while some experience of managing budgets within predefined limits would be beneficial.
To be part of an organisation that wants you to feel energised at work, to love what you do and keep your career moving please forward a copy of your CV to John Rainsbury – John.Rainsbury@Resource-Management.co.uk