This job is no longer available
Special projects editor
The estatesgazette.com group is looking for a special projects editor to take responsibility for the content of our burgeoning portfolio of round tables, surveys, face-to-face events and editorial special reports.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a writer, commissioning editor and / or events producer and will have dealt with senior business leaders on a regular basis. He or she will be used to working in teams, and able liaise comfortably with editorial, marketing and sales functions.
The successful candidate will have a keen eye for what makes for engaging editorial content.
He or she will be
• Highly persuasive and comfortable dealing with senior leaders from business and politics.
• Able to grasp complex topics quickly and be able to present them to an informed audience in an accessible way
• Experienced in putting together and briefing panels of commentators
• An experienced writer, able to report on events and pull together other engaging content
• An excellent team player
• A track record in project delivery
Experience in business publishing is ideal, preferably within the built environment sector. Familiarity with social media and web publishing would also be ideal. Experience on international business issues would also be desirable as the successful candidate will work across Estates Gazette in print and online and on our sister title EuroProperty.
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides data services, information and marketing solutions to business professionals in the UK, US, Continental Europe and Australia. It produces industry critical data services and lead generation tools and over 200 online community and job sites. It publishes over 200 premier business magazines with market leading positions in many sectors. Reed Business Information has 6,900 employees worldwide and annual revenues of over £890m. It is part of Reed Elsevier, a FTSE-100 company.
RBI General Benefits Package
• Pension Scheme
• 29 Days Holiday
• Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
• Life Insurance (4x salary)
• Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
• Competitive Salaries