This job is no longer available
Senior PR Manager Microsoft Xbox & Entertainment
Websters is looking to recruit and retain on annual contract a Senior PR Manager assigned to Xbox and Entertainment PR campaigns, product launches and agency management activity.
Your work will be aligned to the financial year plans, business objectives and key performance metrics for Microsoft UK's Interactive Entertainment Business. Based at the Microsoft Campus in Reading you will also spend part of your time at the MSN offices in Victoria. You will report to the Head of Xbox & Entertainment PR.
The Interactive Entertainment Business (IEB) is one of several business groups within Microsoft. IEB's mission is to re-invent entertainment beyond gaming, led from the living-room, across multiple screens.
Key areas of responsibility
The Senior PR Manager for Xbox and Entertainment will manage PR agency JCPR on a daily basis to ensure the delivery of successful campaigns to agreed performance targets and budgets. The post-holder will work closely with regional and global PR managers, internal marketing teams and product managers, and colleagues across a range of business areas and business groups to deliver integrated plans and campaigns. Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Manage the implementation of Interactive Entertainment Business and Microsoft Hardware plans
• Ensure PR strategy and plans are delivering on agreed KPIs
• Manage agency Scedules Of Work and deliverables
• Manage PRIME and SMSG Top Story deliverables
• Manage day-to-day JCPR agency activity: daily contact with agency lead; management of weekly client-agency activity progress routine; ongoing management of campaign budgets with agency lead
• Merchandise UK PR team campaign success to internal stakeholders' UK and Global
• Develop internal spokesperson messaging and talk tracks
• Oversee tactical implementation of games industry thought leadership
• Manage issues and crises and be point person for EMEA and Global Escalation teams
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Significant consumer PR experience at a senior level, preferably within a large and complex organization with multiple business groups
• Proven experience of media relations, and of crisis and issues management
• Experience within the technology, gaming and entertainment industries is highly desirable, as well as knowledge of Microsoft products and services
• A passion for gaming in all its aspects, as well as an interest in entertainment and in the positive impact of technology
• Strong project management skills
• Thorough understanding and first-hand experience of digital communications, and the use of social media and community engagement in driving successful PR strategies and campaigns
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
• The ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and to work effectively with decision-makers is critical
• Ability to execute PR campaigns in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
• A passion for creativity, innovative thinking and delivering industry-leading campaigns
• Degree-level qualification required
Please visit http://www.websters.co.uk/jobs to view the role and apply online.
Or send your CV together with accompanying e-mail describing your suitability for the role to jobApplications@websters.co.uk
APPLICATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY 6th JUNE