This job is no longer available
Shout! Communications specialises in securing coverage for clients on radio, TV and online. The company was set up and is run by former national broadcast journalists. Content creation and distribution is at the heart of the business.
As the agency expands we’re looking for an Associate Director to work across 2 key areas of the business - media relations and video production. The role would suit a broadcast PR specialist or a former broadcast journalist with PR experience.
The job will include:
- managing 2 - 3 other people on the media relations team
- making sure media relations targets are met and that quality coverage is secured on radio, television and online
- writing and checking press releases
- liaising with clients
- working as senior producer on film shoots
The ideal candidate will:
- think like a journalist but understand broadcast PR
- have managerial experience and an interest in managing people
- have experience of video production - able to interview spokespeople and direct camera crews and VT editors. Technical ability is not necessary, but an understanding of what is possible is essential.
- be highly proficient at writing for broadcast, in particular writing press releases.
- have a thorough understanding of broadcast news and programming and excellent contacts in the industry
The job is based in the heart of Covent Garden, where we have offices, filming facilities and a radio studio.
Salary up to £50, 000 but is dependent on experience. Other company benefits include dental/health insurance, mobile phone allowance, free eye test.
To apply for the role of Associate Director – Broadcast PR click the apply button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give details of your current salary.
Deadline: EOP Fri 29th June, 2012.
No agencies thank you.