This job is no longer available
Bloomberg Government is seeking a contract Web Producer with production experience along with a knowledge or understanding of US Government activity to join our London team on a permanent basis.
This producer will be involved with daily online publishing and must have a strong knowledge of HTML and CSS and an ability to quickly learn new content management systems.
A background or knowledge in U.S. government policy or business journalism, such as for a financial newspaper or real-time news service, is desired and important. The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the online team as well as newsroom editors, reporters and analysts. Having a background in web development and build is helpful, as this person will work periodically with developers on future enhancements and features. This web producer will report to the online editor.
Additional daily responsibilities include:
- Make editorial decisions about story selection and positioning
- Write concise headlines and two sentence story summaries
- Handle story selection and production on 8 daily industry-specific newsletters
- Edit and proof read stories and conduct site-wide quality and assurance (QA) checks
- Build out stories and special features to offer a dynamic user experience
- Examine government databases to find relevant supplemental links for news stories
- Identify relevant stories from third-party websites
- Coordinate with editors, reporters and multimedia teams on story displays and scheduling
- Train others on how to use the publishing tools
- Knowledgeable about U.S. political and/or business news
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Journalism experience as a web producer
- Strong computer skills, including a knowledge of HTML and Web content management systems
- Excellent headline writing and editing skills
- Experience working in a real-time news environment is desirable
- Accuracy, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to both be a self-starter and to work under deadline pressure
- An entrepreneurial and energetic approach to the job
- A good communicator, collaborator and team player
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively.
Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bl oomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Application Information: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=R2FyZXRoLkpvbmVzLjAyNzM4LjI3NzZAYmxvb21iZXJnLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ