This job is no longer available
mtn-i, a leading global news, data and events provider for the MTN, structured products and private placement markets is expanding its team. We are looking for experienced capital markets journalists and editors to join its London-based team located in Carnaby Street W1. We also have opportunities for interns.
Candidates for the reporter roles will have at least 1 year of experience. Experience in any of the following areas will be highly desirable; Eurobonds, MTNs, structured products, swaps, derivatives. Editor candidates will need at least 1-year of experience. Intern candidates will need to demonstrate the capacity for analytical thinking and demonstrate interest in economics, capital markets, business and journalism.
The successful candidate will also be someone who:
• Writes cleanly and confidently about complex financial products
• Loves breaking news and generating original stories
• Enjoys developing relationships with international capital markets issuers, dealers and investors
• Demonstrates investigative and original thinking
• Works effectively, both as part of a team, and in a structured environment reporting to the Editor.
In return we offer:
• A challenging and exciting role reporting for a fast-moving, global newswire
• The opportunity to write for our print magazine in addition to our real-time news service
• The chance to develop and lead workshops at our major annual Asia Pacific Conference (Hong Kong) and North American Conference (Miami)
• Further opportunities to meet contacts in Asia, Europe and the US
• Involvement in the development of new products alongside senior management and our clients
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Well-being programme including gym membership and weekly company personal training sessions
• Friendly working environment in London’s best location (we’re biased!).
Since 2001, mtn-i has specialised in digging up news and data on below-radar debt markets. It has built its reputation as a pioneer in improving the transparency of these markets. Over 2,000 of the world’s leading debt issuers, dealers and investors in 48 countries have access to mtn-i's real-time data, analytics, intra-day commentary, magazine, awards and conferences. Mainstream media regularly quotes mtn-i as the leading source of authority in these markets. mtn-i was a Most Innovative Media Outlet Finalist in Citigate/State Street Institutional Press Awards in 2007.
Send a CV, brief covering letter and three examples of your work to email@example.com by Thursday 14th.
Early applications will be prioritised.
Previous applicants are encouraged to re-apply.