This job is no longer available
We are searching for a Head of Investor Relations to work at the most senior level to join a familiar name in the global financial services market place. The company has an established Investor Relations program with strong analyst community coverage and active global marketing campaigns. Recent senior management change means that they are keen to enhance their program, which makes this a compelling role.
The Head of Investor Relations will work alongside the C-suite in order to develop and implement effective strategy for the worldwide IR programme. In addition to this the Head of Investor Relations will also take responsibility for the development and implementation of communications to other key stakeholders groups, working closely with finance teams, internal communications and regional directors. Investor Relations is to be at the front of internal dialogue, which will require someone who has experience of managing internal Plc messaging right through the business. Combined with the need to be a figurehead to the external facing business, this person will need to have a clarity of speech, strong empathy and strategic vision.
The role will work hand in hand with the corporate strategy team, and will be expected to provide and channel feedback into the corporate planning activities. Business activities will also include regular M&A scoping.
The Head of Investor Relations role is an exciting opportunity for a Director level IR professional looking for a fresh challenge in a high profile role. They will benefit from the support of an ambitious executive team. Usually financial services institutions experience is key to such searches; however this team prioritise someone with high level executive IR experience and a tenacious attitude. The individual must have strong financial/accounting capabilities ideally identified by the CFA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent experience.
- Liaise with investors from across the globe through face to face meetings as well as telephone and email contact. Ensure that the company’s strategy and vision are clear and defined for this purpose.
- Manage key analysts, ensure they have a full and balance view of the business. Set up channels to ensure flow of financial information to analysts.
- Increase visibility with investors and ensure that relevant communications are executed effectively
- Regular travel is likely to feature in this role, in particular between London and international finance hubs.
- Oversee the development of the shareholder register
- Monitor analyst consensus and forecasts
- Ensure company website is kept up to date, and review new IR technologies for social media, streaming, etc....
- Oversee and lead Annual General Meetings
- Oversee the creation and publication of the annual report as well a range of other investor relations communications including trading updates and earning releases
- Continually strive to develop and enhance the Company’s communications with the market, seeking to use new tools and techniques as appropriate
- Ensure effective internal communication of market perceptions of the Company and its peers
Key Attributes of the Head of Investor Relations
- Strong previous global Investor Relations experience – must have the ability to hit the ground running and lead a team
- Interest in or experience in financial services sector/FIG sector essential
- Demonstrable experience generating new investment through dynamic investor relations activities
- Comfortable working at the most senior level with internal and external contacts at a senior level, but also happy to respond to all level of internal stakeholders.
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to motivate and inspire others and works with tenacity.
- Ability to work independently, very accurately with a strong financial understanding and provide strategic input at the highest level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and flawless attention to detail.
In the first instance, please forward a copy of your CV to Jennifer Bargrove at email@example.com quoting reference JAB1205-77
VMA Group is the global resourcing specialist for corporate communications, HR & change.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.