This job is no longer available
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information and insight in critical areas that shape today's business landscape, including energy and power; design and supply chain; defense, risk and security; environmental, health and safety (EHS) and sustainability; country and industry forecasting; and commodities, pricing and cost. Businesses and governments in more than 165 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content and expert independent analysis of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS employs more than 5,100 people in more than 30 countries around the world.
Based in our office in Coulsdon we are looking to recruit a Sub Editor(s) to join the expanded Sub Editing team. This is a key post with the main focus being to maintain and enhance the quality of editorial content by editing and checking hardcopy and online text, giving constructive feedback to editorial desks. The post-holder will work as part of a team handling IHS Jane’s and IHS Fairplay titles covering defence, security, maritime and transport.
• Editing/rewriting content as appropriate
• Checking copy for consistency and style writing headlines, standfirsts and crossheads
• Turning around daily online news promptly
• Ensuring deadlines are met
• Laying out news pages and features in InDesign
• Ensuring adherence to house style
• Degree-level preferred; NCTJ or equivalent qualification essential.
• Experience of sub-editing essential
• InDesign and Creative Suite experience preferred
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to multi-task and to work accurately under pressure
• Good organisational skills
• Audio/Video editing experience or skills preferred
*Only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow up*