This job is no longer available
THE OUTNET.COM is the most fashionable fashion outlet. Since its launch in April 2009 by the people behind the award-winning website NET-A-PORTER, THE OUTNET.COM has quickly established itself as the chic, go-to destination for the global, style-conscious shopper looking for the best designer brands at a great discount price.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the Editorial Team and work with them to create enticing weekly marketing and editorial content for THEOUTNET.COM. The role will entail writing emails, researching the latest runway trends, to contributing ideas and updating site copy. The person will liaise on a daily basis with several teams within the business, including editorial, marketing, retail and merchandising to name a few. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to work for a successful and growing business.
“….essentially like visiting the best outlet ever” Lucky
“Your fashion fairy godmother” Grazia
“Everything is chosen with the same good taste and trend-conscious eye that has made NET-A-PORTER such a hit” Sunday Times Style
• Marketing collateral: write and oversee copy for weekly marketing emails and promotional banners and special project
• Edit copy written by fashion writers and ensure the copy and tone is in keeping with THEOUTNET’s voice.
• Manage copy for promotional activities such as sweepstakes, magazine promotions, press releases etc. as well as affiliates newsletters.
• Contribute to social media channels for THEOUTNET’s Facebook, Twitter and Youtube channels
• Contribute to site copy: Non-editorial site copy – terms & conditions, help section, shipping policies for both UK and US sites
• Oversee research: editorial stories for the homepage and emails
• Fact Check: working with the subbing team and Chief Sub Editor
• Manage editorial folders: liaise with Fashion Assistant to keep up to date the editorial trend, style guides and story folders
• Assist on special projects: From time to time assist and generate copy for the editorial videos
• Liaise with external contacts: to acquire quotes, images etc. for homepage & videos
• Develop copy for marketing promotions, both online and offline: sale, direct mail, in-the-box promotions etc.
• Develop content for seasonal promotions such as Birthdays, Christmas and Valentines,
• Develop site content for special projects
• Work with merchandising and marketing to develop original commercial fashion content
• Work with THEOUTNET’s Creative Director, Online Editor and Marketing team on all business relating to THEOUTNET.COM
• Liaise closely with marketing department on all copy requirements
• Contribute ideas to all aspects of THEOUTNET business, particularly pertaining to content / editorial/ marketing and merchandising
• Generate editorial ideas for homepage and email calendars
• Liaise with Online Editor and Fashion Editor on homepage, Dress Me & email themes
Essential skills & requirements:
• Experience along with a background in fashion, marketing, and/or advertising.
• Proven experience of internet / interactive copywriting within the fashion, editorial or related industry.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines.
• Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously.
• An understanding of the online interactive experience.
• Experience working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with competing deadlines and priorities.
• A love of and genuine interest in fashion.
• Highly organized and exceptional planning capabilities.
• Ability to cope well with the demands of a rapidly growing company.