This job is no longer available
Grist is a B2B content marketing agency based in Soho. We create magazines, reports, videos and digital solutions which help our clients to develop closer relationships with their clients.
Due to rapid growth in one of our key sectors - corporate insurance and risk management - we are seeking an experienced, proactive and digitally-literate magazine editor to manage our portfolio of titles in the area. It is a hands-on role: from planning through to print and online. There is also the opportunity to work on research reports, e-newsletters, websites, videos and social media.
[We are also looking for experienced freelance writers and researchers in risk and corporate insurance.]
• Working closely with the account director to produce market-leading magazines and digital solutions which provide valuable insight and analysis for target readers and achieve our clients’ business objectives.
• Planning, scheduling and project managing.
• Commissioning feature articles from an extensive team of specialist journalists, ensuring they adhere to a tight brief agreed with the client.
• Writing features, blogs and news stories.
• Managing the brand extension across multiple channels (potentially including e-newsletters, websites, mobiles & tablets) and external networks, including social media.
• Working closely with the art director and web team to produce inspirational and accurate publications.
• Copy-editing, subbing and proofreading.
• Ensuring final quality control.
• Research and support for new business development and client pitches.
• Expert knowledge of corporate insurance and risk management
• B2B magazine publishing experience.
• Clear and incisive business writing for senior executives.
• Customer publishing, corporate communications or PR experience.
• Commissioning and managing writers.
• Managing social media channels to promote interaction and attract new followers.
• Knowledge and experience of web publishing through CMS; implementing SEO best practices; working with online marketing to package web content in innovate ways to generate traffic
• Research skills.
• Rigorous copy-editing and proofreading.
• Editorial project management.
• Competence in InDesign.
• Creative, proactive attitude and keenness to exceed expectations.
To apply: review our website then send your CV, a sample of your writing and a cover letter explaining why you think you’re the person for the job, to Mark Wellings [ firstname.lastname@example.org / www.gristonline.com ]
Salary dependent upon experience.
Please indicate your salary expectations.
Deadline: 10 July 2012