This job is no longer available
Headline: Staff Writer - ClickZ
Job Type: Permanent
Location: New York
Closing Date: 04-SEP-2012
ClickZ, an online publication that covers interactive marketing and advertising, seeks a social media savvy business journalist to cover how brands are connecting with audiences and drive business results. You'll need to know the difference between a Promoted Tweet and Promoted Trend - or a Facebook Offer and a Groupon Offer. You will also need to be prepared to let ClickZ readers know how brand marketers are using Pinterest, Spotify, mobile, and other emerging platforms.
In this role, the staff writer will be expected to do original reporting, lining up in-person and telephone interviews with brand marketers, ad agency executives, and ad technology vendors. Responsibilities include producing 1 to 2 articles a day, plus developing longer-term features such as slideshows and video reports.
* Pitch, report, and write in-depth news articles for ClickZ. Articles should be based on original reporting.
* Arrange in-person interviews with ad agency executives and brand marketing managers to build contacts and sources. Attend industry conferences and events to develop sources.
* Edit other news stories on an as-needed basis, including occasional late-night editing duty.
* Production duties such as HTML coding of articles, searching for and resizing images for publication, and other responsibilities, on an as-needed basis.
* Serve as moderator at SES (Search Engine Strategies) conferences.
* Bachelor's degree is required.
* Substantial experience reporting and writing news under daily or intra-daily deadlines.
* Ability to line up in-person and telephone interviews for news articles, and follow up when necessary.
* Ability to write about financial data, such as earning reports, and industry metrics.
* Ability to write news and trend stories clearly, concisely, and quickly.
* Understanding of interactive marketing and advertising, plus an ability to cut through PR spin and jargon.
* Experience in interactive publishing, such as online videos, online slideshows, and/or moderating live events.
* Some travel will be required.
Incisive Media places a high value on employees and strives to be an employer of choice. To that end we offer competitive salaries, professional growth opportunities, and a comprehensive selection of benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and life insurance options.
In little more than a decade, Incisive Media has grown from the launch publisher of a single B2B financial magazine to a global business media company with a portfolio that is the envy of its peers. Whether communicating in print, in person or online, Incisive Media prides itself on its entrepreneurial culture, creating market-leading products for the industries we serve.
As you would expect from a leading specialist business information provider, we place a high value on our employees and are striving to be an employer of choice. In doing so we offer highly attractive rewards packages, an environment where performance is recognised and rewarded, jobs and careers are fostered and people are respected to ensure we attract and retain the calibre of people that we need for our rapidly expanding business.