This job is no longer available
Position: Senior Consultant Corporate Communications
Salary: Commensurate with profile and experience
· A fast-growing international consultancy dedicated to supporting responsible business and informed investment in Africa.
· We advise several of the largest companies, institutions and investors on the African continent today.
· We combine an intimate knowledge of the political, media and business environments in which we live and work, with communications expertise to support our clients’ information and communications needs.
· We help our clients to manage often complex relationships with critical audiences including regulatory, media, capital markets, customers and suppliers.
· This is an integral and client-facing role based in London. We are looking for an experienced communications professional with a proven ability to manage projects independently, as required.
· Direct key corporate accounts effectively and profitably:
o build and develop strong relationships within client organisation;
o ensure timely delivery of high quality work in line with budgets;
o manage teams (across africapractice network of offices).
· Design and deliver effective internal and external communications strategies, based on thorough research and analysis, to address critical business issues and drive sustainable growth in client organisations.
· Provide strategic advisory and counsel to clients and team in sensitive and complex situations.
· Oversee production of key strategic client documents (advisory/briefing notes; speeches, op-eds, reports and presentations).
· Maintain quality control on all client-facing materials, ensure timely billing on accounts, track productivity of team and profitability of accounts and manage M&E on client work.
· Manage production of proposals, tenders and pitch presentations.
· Support marketing initiatives to generate new business leads.
· Manage a team of consultants and associate consultants, provide direction and objectives, assess individual performance of direct reports and oversee career development paths.
· Identify training needs and provide support and training to team members by providing coaching on best practice in client service and account management.
· Drive innovation and the sharing of best practices by contributing to improving our tools, methodologies, systems and processes.
· Contribute to employee engagement and motivation.
· Proven track record (at least six years’ experience) designing and delivering strategic communications for blue chip clients.
· Strong consulting skills, robust project management skills, great analytical thinking and effective management and team working style.
· Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
· Capability to build and manage complex and sensitive stakeholder relationships.
· Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively in a fast paced, dynamic working environment.
· Confident media operator.
· Strategic thinker.
· French language skills are an advantage.
Do you want to join a dynamic and fast growing company? Send short cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: “SC CC UK”.