This job is no longer available
Location: Providence, RI
TriMed Media Group is a leader in medical and healthcare publishing, offering high-quality business and clinical content to our more than 130,000 subscribers via print and digital magazines, newsletters, content portals, webcasts, events and special projects. As a company, we are a small group of passionate professionals with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable enterprise. We are currently seeking a talented, motivated, organized and energetic Senior Writer to join our team for an established print and digital magazine and multimedia portfolio in the clinical areas of healthcare information technologies (IT), medical imaging, nuclear medicine, cardiology, radiology and oncology. Specific to this position, we are looking for someone who has experience writing about healthcare, and the position will focus predominantly on C-suite executive considerations with healthcare IT and healthcare economics in the hospital setting.
A candidate in the New England area would be preferrable. He/She must have the ability to multi-task and pay careful attention to proper grammar, AP style and content guidelines. The candidate also should be organized, deadline-oriented and detail-oriented.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
* Provide breaking news, daily news and features for healthcare and technology websites targeted to physicians, healthcare administrators and C-suite executives
* Write, edit and revise stories and content for newsletters, websites and magazines
* Edit copy and input daily articles in an online content management system, including proper taxonomy for categorization
* Contact and interview (via telephone and in-person) physicians, C-suite executives, healthcare industry members and others to gather material for web and magazine content
* Read, interpret and write up applicable studies in journals and interview study authors
* Deliver high-quality work on deadline and ensure factual accuracy of content
* Gather necessary artwork, photos and charts for stories
* Communicate regularly and collaborate effectively with editorial team members
* Participate actively in team meetings
* Attend and report on seminars, conferences and tradeshows
* Interview presenters and vendors at tradeshows using video and audio for online presentation; attend networking events
* Develop relationships with physicians, C-suite executives, industry leaders and organizations to generate story ideas
* Listen to and report on online/web events
* Other duties as assigned by the Editorial Director and Editor
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism, communications or English; Master's degree a plus
* 5+ years writing experience, including at least 1 year online
* Experience with medical, trade or technical publications (preferred)
* Exemplary writing, editing and proofreading skills
* Must be able to meet deadlines while working independently on multiple stories and projects
* Experience using Microsoft Word and content management systems
* Fluent in AP Style
* Submission of portfolio of recent writing is required (online portfolio preferred)
Send resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!
Office location in The Foundry, next to the Providence Place Mall in Providence, R.I.
TriMed Media Group | 275 Promenade Street, Suite 225 | Providence, RI 02908