This job is no longer available
Department Group Marketing Services
Reporting To Head of Communications
This is a new role working within the communications team at Jupiter working with the Head of Communications, Head of UK Retail PR and the Communications Executive.
We are looking for an experienced communications professional who can work at a senior level assisting the team in developing and executing Jupiter’s PR strategy and maintaining and improving Jupiter’s reputation in various geographies and across distribution channels, including institutional, international, private client and UK wholesale.
• To monitor relevant media and keep abreast of relevant news and moves
• To identify opportunities for comment and coverage in the target press
• To develop and execute communication plans including fund launches
• To help manage the day to day activities of the press office
• To answer and respond to incoming press queries in a timely manner
• To assist the team in maintaining and improving Jupiter’s image
• To organise and manage the provision of placed articles across all media
• To review and sign off press releases and articles for press
• To liaise with fund managers and other internal members of staff
• To write press releases and other written comment for distribution
• To develop and maintain relationships with target journalists and others
• To develop and help to organise PR-focused events
• To provide guidance to less experienced members of the team
• To represent Jupiter at industry and other networking events
• To contribute ideas for the improvement of media monitoring and other internal systems and reports
• To be able to work independently and be able to take individual responsibility for PR activity undertaken, within the scope of the role
Proven experience as a PR Manager in either Financial Services PR (preferably asset management) or journalism.
Candidates must have a good understanding of the financial services industry, including how investment funds work and the relevant industry issues affecting the fund management industry as well as the ability to communicate fund managers’ views to the media. They should have experience of working directly with fund managers and strong relationships with the personal finance press.
Degree level or equivalent
Skills Required A committed team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to network within the industry is essential.
Ability to work independently and use initiative where appropriate.
Accuracy and attention to detail
Good organisational skills
Good written and verbal communication skills
Proven ability to work to deadlines and to be flexible under pressure
Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word and experience of using databases