This job is no longer available
General Manager – Investor Relations Society
The Investor Relations Society requires a General Manager to guide the Society’s everyday activities, implement its strategy and ensure the financial stability of the organisation. This is a full time role for an experienced candidate and there is an option for flexibility.
Due to the forthcoming retirement of the General Manager of the Investor Relations Society, Fidelio is conducting a Search for a successor. The General Manager reports to the Chairman of the Society and liaises between the Board, the committees and the executive team. The General Manager is responsible for implementing the Society’s strategy, delivering the Society’s everyday activities and ensuring the financial stability of the organisation.
The IR Society represents over 600 members from the UK, Europe and beyond, including representatives from most of the FTSE 100, a large number of FTSE 250 companies and a number of AIM and smaller companies as well as IR advisors and service providers.
• Managing all aspects of the Society’s activities as delegated by the Chairman and Board of Directors
• Managing the day-to-day running of the Society, operationally and financially
• Understanding the needs of the membership and representing the views of the membership
• Ensuring the efficient operation of the Committees
• Acting as spokesperson for the Society, chairing events and presenting on behalf of the Society
• Interfacing with sponsors and supporters of the Society
• Ensuring that the Society’s technical infrastructure is sound
• Liaising with regulatory authorities and other standard setting bodies to ensure that the views of the profession are properly represented
• Publication of the Society’s quarterly magazine
• Mentoring and leading the members of the executive team
• Reviewing and presenting monthly management accounts, budgets and statutory accounts
• Maintaining and reviewing standard operating procedures for the Society
• In conjunction with the Board providing strategic direction to the Society
• Expanding the membership of the Society and providing services that are valuable to the membership on a cost effective basis for the Society
• Raising the Society’s profile and enhancing its reputation and ensuring that the voice of the Society is properly represented in the discourse with regulatory authorities and other standard setting bodies
• Exploring the full (commercial) potential of the Society’s professional education programme
Key Selection Criteria
• Direct experience, knowledge and understanding of investor relations and broader financial markets
• Demonstrable track record of managing a small team; capable of assuming budget responsibility of up to £1 million
• Presence and capability to assume public stance on policy
• Strong influencing skills delivering results through third parties and committees
• Ability and willingness to engage in selling and promoting services, sponsorship and advertising
• Potential to engage internationally to further the interests of the IR Society
If you are interested in this role please contact us by clicking on the link below.