This job is no longer available
Historic fashion business title Drapers, which is celebrating its 125th birthday this year, has a rare opening on its fashion team for a Junior Fashion Editor.
The successful candidate will join a fashion team of three producing content for the magazine and website, overseeing photo shoots, profiling fashion brands and acting as an ambassador for Drapers within this exciting and fast moving industry.
About The Brand and Company
EMAP is the business-to-business media division of Top Right Group, whose market leading brands includes Retail Week, Broadcast, Construction News and The Architect’s Journal.
About The Role
Reporting to and working closely with the Fashion Director, the Junior Fashion Editor will be a key member of the Drapers fashion team. They will expect to:
• Contribute to the weekly regular articles, interviews and edits
• Write larger reports on tradeshows and fashion weeks, and extended interviews and features. Contribute to the set of seasonal specials, including our biannual photo shoots
• Be an ambassador for the Drapers brand both internally and externally
• Manage the fashion team’s fashion writer
About The Person
The ideal candidate will:
• Have 18 months fashion editorial experience
• Have a finely honed eye for a trend, detail, brand or story
• Have the ability to work quickly and accurately with the minimum of fuss while keeping in mind the Drapers reader at all times
• Have a calm head and a determined and amiable personality
• Be comfortable talking in groups, seminars and presentations
• Have strong written skills with the ability to analyse and compile features effortlessly
• Have some styling experience
Why Work At EMAP
The work ethic is dynamic. The business is diverse. It's great working for a company that is making money, growing, acquiring and is constantly aiming for 'best in class'. Its easy to be proud working for Emap.
How To Apply
Please send your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without salary details may delay the process. The subject of the email needs to clearly state the job title of the vacancy and reference number.
There is no closing date for this position. Successful candidates will be responded to when they apply and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.