This job is no longer available
TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is a global online media company headquartered in Boston with offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Cincinnati, London, Mumbai, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney. With more than 100 technology specific websites, TechTarget provides highly relevant content to technology professionals and delivers technology marketers unmatched reach via custom advertising, branding and lead generation solutions all built on our extensive network of online and social media.
Recognized as one of the “50 Best Places to Work” in Massachusetts by Boston Business Journal 5 times and named one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work in Massachusetts 3 times, TechTarget provides an autonomous culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
If you’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, TechTarget.com has openings for challenging and growth-oriented positions:
Responsible for copy editing, page layouts, website maintenance and SEO activities to contribute to the operation and improvement of the readability, look, feel, functionality and accuracy of TechTarget UK websites and associated digital content.
Essential job functions
• Copy editing, laying out and proof-reading all forms of digital content, including web articles, PDFs, e-zines and other forms of content
• Ensure web content conforms to best practice, including SEO, taxonomy and headline style
• Help to manage copy flow processes and deadlines
• Manage sourcing and maintenance of digital images to support content production
• Support editorial team on creation of complex V8 content such as photo stories and guides
• Liaise with editors to ensure that all web articles meet content and quality standards
• Communicate with editors and writers to understand and deliver on their requirements
• Ensure administrative tasks necessary for smooth running of site and digital content are completed
• Keep personal skills up to date to allow production of new forms of content as required, for example using tools such as HTML, Flash and Photoshop, as appropriate
• Ensure that the Style Guide is followed and updated to meet changing market needs
• Use of Adobe Creative Suite and Acrobat Professional on Apple Mac systems for PDF creation; understanding of modern content management systems and technical ability to quickly master TechTarget CMS
• Creation of graphics, charts and infographics as required
• High degree of attention to detail to spot and avoid typos, errors, style variations, etc
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Minimum of one year online and PDF copy editing and layout skills
• Enthusiasm for technology and the IT industry
• Experience of working for a business publication preferred
• Self-starter, capable of working on own initiative
• Keen to learn and take on new challenges
• Team player
Get On Board!
If you want to join a company that offers competitive salaries and benefits in a fun and energized work environment, apply here https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=1578271. To learn more, visit techtarget.com and follow us @TechTarget.