This job is no longer available
Freelance Fashion Features Editor (immediate start until 20th July 2012)
NET-A-PORTER.COM launched in June 2000 and has since successfully established itself as the world’s premier luxury online fashion retailer. With its acclaimed editorial format, express worldwide shipping to 170 countries, luxurious packaging and easy returns, NET-A-PORTER offers an unparalleled shopping experience. NET-A-PORTER.COM is the flagship brand from the NET-A-PORTER group which comprises theOutnet.com, the most fashionable fashion outlet, and MRPORTER.COM, the global men's style destination.
We need a super talented Fashion Features Editor to start immediately up until the 20th July 2012.
Your responsibility will be to provide high quality editorial copy and up-to-date fashion content, developing original and fresh ideas within the NET-A-PORTER voice and ensuring NET-A-PORTER remains a reference point for information on the latest trends and fashion news.
A great opportunity to work in a very fast paced environment supporting the production of our weekly magazine and to see the workings of a luxury online fashion retailer.
• Generate editorial content and story ideas throughout the season, that is both commercially and editorially viable, multi-layered and in keeping with the NET-A-PORTER brand
• Contribute to all sections of the weekly online magazine and related editorial outlets from ideas to written features to editing - with a global focus on fashion, trends, celebrity, culture and current events.
• Research and write main features, designer profiles, designer and celebrity interviews, trend reports.
• Lead ideas meetings with the writing team and develop multi-layered content that is both inspiring and meets the commercial needs of the business.
• Plan and over-see from start to finish the weekly magazine’s front section, including fashion news pages, celebrity style master class, most-wanted feature and designer profiles
• Commission in house team and edit copy for the front section as well as ad hoc fashion features.
• Commission freelance writers for main features.
• Liaise with external contacts and PRs to secure interviews, acquire quotes and images when relevant.
• Contribute dynamic and enticing cover lines, headlines, sells and fashion stories to encourage maximum click through.
• Assist in checking the weekly issue, bi-annual print magazine and additional look books for errors and house style.
• Manage trend information each season for ideas meetings, the bi-annual print magazine, buy team and PR purposes
• Work on special projects such as designer specials and printed marketing campaigns such as The Edit.
• Write and edit marketing copy on an ad hoc basis.
• Write seasonal video scripts, working closely with the video editor and voice over artist to ensure house style and accuracy.
• Deputise for the Editor when required.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
• Experience of generating editorial content and story ideas for a leading fashion magazine
Graduate (or equivalent) with proven experience
• Possess a proven track record of inspiring creativity and daring both with an excellent eye for fashion and sharp copy-writing and editing skills.
• You will have a keen eye for trends and be confident in generating ideas.
• Strong contacts book
• Acting as an ambassador for NET-A-PORTER you will have exceptional communication and networking skills, a great sense of personal style and wit. Plus a sense of Humour!
• Originality, creativity and overall quality of editorial content
• Image and copy accuracy
• A proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detai
• Time keeping and ability to meet deadline
• Excellent written English
• Sound knowledge of fashion, designers and brands
• Team player