This job is no longer available
Location: Chicago, IL
Located in Chicago, Imagination is a custom content agency recently named a “Top Agency” by BtoB Magazine. We have an immediate need for an experienced Content Specialist/Managing Editor. The editor will manage day-to-day content development, production and workflow for various clients across multiple platforms. The ideal candidate will possess five years of business writing, editing and/or journalism experience, including content creation, project management and editing experience. Experience at a business publication is strongly preferred, but not mandatory.
In this role, the editor will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop detailed plans and produce custom content for print and digital media, including article descriptions, assignment memos, freelance database, story idea files, editorial calendars and production schedules. In addition, the editor will serve as the project manager for various deliverables maintaining smooth workflow and managing tight, often changing deadlines and priorities.
The editor will serve as a primary liaison with multiple clients, so the ability to maintain relationships and manage communications across constituencies is paramount.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage a stable of freelance writers; assign stories, manage performance and handle all correspondence and communication
- Provide both big picture and line edits on business-focused editorial content, including magazine articles, newsletters and white papers.
- Write and edit features, departments and other content for business clients
- Receive and incorporate input and feedback from internal and external stakeholders across multiple departments.
- Collaborate with production, digital, art and other departments to manage content execution across channels
- Create, maintain and update content development and magazine production schedules
- Liaise with client contacts on content, strategy and overall production of deliverables; understand client’s content strategy and provide suggestions and feedback as appropriate
Minimum qualifications include:
- Two to five years of journalism experience, preferably including editing.
- Foundation or strong interest in business & economics reporting and writing
- Strong editing and writing skills
- A fundamental understanding of both the print and digital editorial production process
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills; excellent attention to detail and a team player
- Ability to take direction and input a must
- Ability to work well and thrive in a multiple/overlapping deadline a must
Applicants can send resume, cover letter and email address to Vice President of Talent Andrea Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Imagination is an EOE.
Learn more at www.imaginepub.com MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!