This job is no longer available
Centaur's Business Publishing division is looking for an experienced senior sub-editor to work across weekly titles including Marketing Week, The Lawyer, Money Marketing, Mortgage Strategy, Fund Strategy and the quarterly Lawyer 2B.
This position is based in the Operations team of Centaur’s Business Publishing Division working across the Legal & Financial and Marketing & Creative titles. The operations team comprises of production, digital and data teams with an overarching purpose of delivering operational support and championing efficiency.
• Editing news and feature copies from staff reporters and writers.
• Editing copy from a wide range of outside sources, including contributed technical copy from non-professional writers and opinion articles.
• Writing headlines, sub-headlines, standfirsts and captions for all news and feature stories.
• Researching and sourcing pictures, editing them to requirement, filing in photo library.
• Page layout of news, comment and feature pages.
• Liaising with the editor, news editor, features editor, art editor, reporters and advertising department as necessary.
• Meeting deadlines.
• Ensuring no infringement of copyright on pictures/logos.
• Editing advertorials and ad hoc outbound supplements.
• Proof-reading and correcting proofs of pages.
• Checking stories for accuracy of content (e.g. facts, figures, people) and any potential legal issues.
• Highlighting any legal issues with Production Editor.
• Editing within CMS before copy is put on page.
• Preparing data in ExCel ready for art team.
• Creating simple graphs in Illustrator.
• Liaising with art team on picture ideas.
Key Skills & Knowledge
• 3-4 years Sub-Editing/Production Experience.
• Experience in working with Quark Xpress, PhotoShop, ExCel, Adobe Illustrator.
• Knowledge and understanding of printing process.
• Experience in working with InDesign.
• Experience in working with CMS workflows.
• Industry knowledge.
Attention to Detail
Willing to take on new systems & programmes
To apply please email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org