This job is no longer available
GuidePal – one of the world’s most popular city guide apps – is looking for a dynamic and highly talented PR-guru to raise our profile and to help cement our position as leader in the travel app market. The role is suitable for both an up-and-coming as well as an established PR professional, and will involve generating significant mainstream press coverage for the company in the UK and internationally.
You will have:
- previous PR experience
- ideally, a bulging book of contacts within the travel and business press
- the ability to shape and implement creative PR strategies
- top-quality writing skills - crafting press releases quickly, creating sellable angles and adapting them to each market, ensuring that a cohesive GuidePal brand and voice is implemented in all of your communications
- in-depth understanding of the travel publishing market, and knowledge of which stories to place with which publication
- a strong grasp what makes a story newsworthy and what will (or won’t) generate exposure in the mainstream press and broadcast media
- confidence to pitch your stories and ideas to journalists
- knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter) and an understanding of how best to work with bloggers
- meticulous organisational skills; you’ll be working with various teams (Editorial and Marketing) during your PR campaigns
- a passion for travel
This is an exciting opportunity for an extremely motivated, self-sustaining individual, and since our company is constantly expanding, there will be scope for developing your role further. Essentially, you will create our PR strategy from scratch and will take control of our media activities.
There will be the option to work from our Stockholm HQ or to be based remotely in London, and whilst we envisage this as a full-time position, we’re open to negotiation.
GuidePal is available online (www.guidepal.com) and as an app for smartphones and iPad - it's now the most downloaded free travel app on the market, with 4 million users worldwide, and more every day. Our just-released iPad app has hit the top ten of the US itunes store, and is featured in the 'new and noteworthy' section. Our headquarters are in Stockholm, and we have staff in London, too.
Interested in joining us? Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.