This job is no longer available
What’s the job? Multi-skilled Designer
Where do I work? The Sun, News International
Who’s my manager? Art Director
Who reports to me? N/a
Why are we here? To inspire more readers to engage, choose and buy our papers and digital products every day. We will achieve this by putting the reader at the heart of everything we do. Through our strategies, creativity and innovation we will continue to maintain the relevance and value of The Sun. We relentlessly seek to lead the market, delivering the most engaging and informative content and design available.
How do we contribute? To build Hermes pages and produce the Photoshop elements required on the page to a very high standard for The Sun.
What’s my personal contribution? The produce outstanding Hermes and Photoshop pages and artwork for The Sun
What are my accountabilities?
● Great design and production execution are what makes The Sun different from other papers.
● Recognising and acting upon any potential legal issues and acting in accordance with the PCC code of Conduct
● Keen attention to detail and meticulous checking. Ensuring each page is read by a backbench team member before sending
● Consulting back benchers informed on changes that arise as stories develop
● Able to suggest design options to news/features backbenches
● Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of current affairs and trends through reading various titles as well as utilising other media platforms on a daily basis
● Encourage collaboration and support others, actively engaging with people in other teams and departments.
● Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Must Haves (Skills & Behaviours)
● Excellent Photoshop skills.
● Hermes experience preferred but not essential
● Candidate should be confident with regards to picking up the new skills very quickly
● Proactive approach
● Must be ready for a challenge