This job is no longer available
Location: Vienna, VA
The staff writer is responsible for covering news and trends within federal government agencies for this executive C-level audience of the market-leading business-to-business technology publications: Federal Computer Week
•Creates content for online and print channels
• Develop and interview sources; write news articles of varying length and scope, maintain a blog and Twitter feed, meet multiple deadlines in daily, weekly and bi-monthly publishing and Web cycles
• Develop news and feature stories based on beat coverage, and write longer enterprise stories for distribution in print and online channels
• Cover live news events and newsmaker appearances throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, with occasional outside travel opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field
• 2 years reporting and news writing experience
• Knowledge of federal government and information technology is preferred
• The ability to write clean, concise copy is a must
• Self-starting enterprising reporter who thrives in a collaborative environment
1105 MEDIA, INC. is a leading provider of integrated business-to-business information and media. The markets we serve include Government, Education, Network & Enterprise Computing, Business Intelligence, Office Equipment, Industrial Health & Safety, Compliance, Security, Environmental Protection, Water & Wastewater, and Home Medical Equipment. Our products focus on technology, products, policy, regulation, and news delivered through an assortment of media including print and online magazines, journals, and newsletters; seminars, conferences, executive summits, and trade shows; training and courseware; and web-based services. 1105 Media is based in Chatsworth, CA, with offices throughout the United States and more than 300 employees. The company was formed in April 2006 by Nautic Partners LLC, Alta Communications, and President/CEO Neal Vitale.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k) plan and a generous paid time off (PTO)/holiday plan.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply here: http://careers.1105media.com/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=1054360 MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!