This job is no longer available
IndexUniverse.eu is Europe’s leading publication for index-based investing and exchange-traded funds. We cover a broad range of editorial topics, including fund management, trading, regulation, derivatives, securities finance and market structure.
As the result of the growth of our European business we are looking to recruit a new deputy editor/financial journalist. The successful candidate will have outstanding written, communication and networking skills and will make an immediate contribution to deepening and expanding our editorial output.
TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
• Writing news stories, feature articles and blogs for IndexUniverse.eu
• Producing the content for our webinar series
• Expanding our editorial coverage into areas related to indexing
• Assisting the European editor to research areas of interest for our publications
• Developing a network of contacts in the areas we write about
• Generating ideas for the further development of our publishing activities
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Candidates must have the following skills/qualifications:
• The ability to research complex topics and report on them in clear, concise English
• Resourcefulness and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent analytical skills
• Public speaking skills
• Good financial markets knowledge
• A quantitative degree subject is a strong plus
• Additional European language skills are a strong plus
IndexUniverse is based in Hammersmith, London and employs 50 people worldwide. The company’s online and print publications, IndexUniverse.com, IndexUniverse.eu, the Journal of Indexes and the Journal of Indexes Europe are regarded as the leading source of news, analysis and comment on the fast-growing index investing market. We also operate the world’s leading index- and ETF-focused conferences.
LOCATION AND HOURS: This is a full-time role. You will be based at our office in Hammersmith
START DATE: Immediate
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 31, 2012
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your CV, a short covering letter and three samples of your written work (ideally in different styles) to email@example.com, entitling your email “FINANCIAL JOURNALIST”.