This job is no longer available
Is an award-winning specialist consultancy focusing on London and London issues. This multi award winning agency:
- Manages media relations
- Informs business strategies
- Wins bids
- Builds relations with key targets
- Runs consultations and campaigns
- Organises events
- Helps deliver planning permissions
- Handles crises
- Audits reputations
- Supplies intelligence
Together with associates such as graphic designers, planning consultants and event managers, they help clients achieve their business objectives. Examples of their work includes:
- Working on successful bids for major projects including the Olympics, Crossrail, and the Docklands Light Railway, worth nearly £20bn.
- Managing communications for seven of the top ten regeneration projects in the UK, including King’s Cross, Wembley and Greenwich Peninsula, which have together unlocked over £15bn of value.
- Advising the biggest brands in sport, including Chelsea, Spurs, Lord’s Cricket Ground and the Tour de France.
- Handling challenging issues across the public, private and voluntary sectors, such as changes to health services, schools, housing, police facilities and waste plants.
- Working on every transport mode in London including the Royal Opening of St Pancras International, the modernisation of the Tube network, revitalising the capitals’s canals and the London cycle hire and Cable car scheme.
Awards won include:
Gold Award for Best Places to Work, PR Week Specialist Consultancy Agency of the Year Award and Outstanding Agency of the Year.
The Account Manager function is key. The successful candidate would act as the lead or second lead liaison point directly with clients, working on more than 6 accounts at any one time, across various sectors.
Core tasks will include:
- taking charge of accounts, driving them forward, using initiative and proactivity to achieve delivery for the client
- pulling together communication plans and proposals
- leading and attending meetings with clients
- drafting materials – press notices, key messages, target audience lists, event, programmes, consultation material
- selling-in to the media across national, regional, local, trade and broadcast press
- sharing intelligence gathering and media monitoring activities with the rest of the team
- networking at relevant events
- coming up with leads and helping to win new business
Account Managers are expected to lead on one or two other elements of work. These may be issue based (e.g. transport, skills etc), geographically based (borough, sub regional levels) and or a corporate role which will be set by agreement to play to the strengths of the successful candidate.
Ideally the successful candidate would have at least three years’ agency experience with:
· A background in corporate communications, but probably with a leaning towards media relations over public affairs or marketing
· An agency background (although candidates from relevant in-house roles would be considered)
· An emphasis on ‘issues’ based communications over FMCG/consumer
· Client experience and a proven track record across any or all of the following sectors: regeneration, health, transport or the environment
· An understanding of local and regional government
· Experience dealing confidently with senior individuals in the private and public sectors
· An understanding of London, and the way in which it operates – not essential but desirable!
If this is something that you’d be interested in finding more information about or perhaps you know someone that would be interested call Alex on 0207 347 5353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.