This job is no longer available
Is an award-winning specialist consultancy focusing on London and London issues. This multi award winning agency:
· Manages media relations
· Informs business strategies
· Wins bids
· Builds relations with key targets
· Runs consultations and campaigns
· Organises events
· Helps deliver planning permissions
· Handles crises
· Audits reputations
· Supplies intelligence
Together with associates such as graphic designers, planning consultants and event managers, they help clients achieve their business objectives. Examples of their work includes:
- Working on successful bids for major projects including the Olympics, Crossrail, and the Docklands Light Railway, worth nearly £20bn.
- Managing communications for seven of the top ten regeneration projects in the UK, including King’s Cross, Wembley and Greenwich Peninsula, which have together unlocked over £15bn of value.
- Advising the biggest brands in sport, including Chelsea, Spurs, Lord’s Cricket Ground and the Tour de France.
- Handling challenging issues across the public, private and voluntary sectors, such as changes to health services, schools, housing, police facilities and waste plants.
- Working on every transport mode in London including the Royal Opening of St Pancras International, the modernisation of the Tube network, revitalising the capitals’s canals and the London cycle hire and Cable car scheme.
Awards won include:
Gold Award for Best Places to Work, PR Week Specialist Consultancy Agency of the Year Award and Outstanding Agency of the Year.
The Job Role
This is a senior role within LCA, for an experienced and well rounded communications professional. The role of Account Director combines direct account management, including managing and motivating account teams, winning new business and contributing to corporate management functions.
Specifically we are seeking someone with:
- A broad background in corporate communications, with particular expertise of media relations as a requisite and stakeholder communications and public affairs being desirable.
- At least 4 years’ agency experience, able to lead account teams straight away and develop strong client relationships. You may have additional experience outside of an agency background but it is vital you do have a strong agency background.
- An ability to demonstrable experience managing a range of client accounts.
- An emphasis on issue based and crisis communications over FMCG, with specific strength condensing and communicating complex issues.
- A good contact list – in the industries worked in, the media and/or political world.
- An understanding of London, and the way in which it operates.
- Specific experience working in any of regeneration / property / development / planning / transport / health (change management rather than pharmaceuticals).
- Other areas of interest to the company where experience would be useful are:
- sport / media / culture
- local government
- public sector
Core tasks will include:
- Leading and providing strategic direction to drive accounts, using initiative and being proactive to achieve delivery for the client.
- Leading management of teams, working closely with a Board Director where appropriate, to meet client objectives.
- Being a key contact point for clients, advising them directly and demonstrating good judgement.
- Implementing and monitoring communications strategies and proposals.
- Heading-up and driving meetings with clients, including those to win/secure new business.
- Managing, motivating and mentoring team members.
- Reviewing and editing written materials / over-seeing the drafting by others – working with Account Managers and Account Executives to produce high quality, error-free written materials.
- Selling-in and overseeing the selling-in by others to national, regional, local, trade and broadcast media.
- Managing budgets and overseeing client billing on projects.
- Appraising and providing leadership and support for at least one member of the office.
- Providing input into management decisions and acting as a senior ‘sounding board’.
- Regularly networking and developing relationships at senior levels and new contacts and business leads.
- Dealing confidently with senior individuals in the private and public sectors.
- Making a major contribution to identify new business leads and leading tender responses and pitch presentations.
- Sharing intelligence gathering and media monitoring activities with the rest of the team.
If this is something that you’d be interested in finding more information about or perhaps you know someone that would be interested call Alex on 0207 347 5353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.