This job is no longer available
Reed Business Information brings market-leading brands to an audience of millions of decision-makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead-generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world-leading provider of professional information solutions in the science, medical, legal and risk and business sectors.
We are looking for a talented individual with a strong subbing background to coordinate production on XpertHR.co.uk, PersonnelToday.com, Occupational Health magazine and Employers’ Law magazine, and assist with production on XpertHR USA. This involves ensuring the smooth running of the subbing team, including freelance resources.
The successful candidate will have good communication skills and will embrace new challenges. He or she will also be heavily involved in the large-scale XpertHR UK relaunch, requiring excellent change management skills and a calm, organised approach.
• Editing and publishing print and online copy to a very high standard, accurately and quickly.
• Ensure content is consistent to style and correctly formatted.
• Coding, subbing and uploading content onto various web platforms.
• Work to agreed timescales to meet production deadlines.
• Write headlines, standfirsts and similar supporting content where appropriate.
• Create and maintain images, charts and graphs for publication.
• Check facts where necessary and cross-reference material as required.
• Carry out administrative tasks essential to the smooth running of the business.
• Providing support to other team members as appropriate.
• Other duties to ensure that XpertHR products continue to meet the needs of their users, including helping to test upgrades, participation in product development and editorial meetings.
Key skills and experience:
• Proven ability to copy-edit to a very high standard.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Knowledge of content management systems, Dreamweaver, HTML and SEO.
• InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Flash.
• Mac and PC literate.
• An understanding of both print and online publishing environments.
RBI general benefits package:
• Competitive Salaries
• Group Pension Scheme
• 29 Days Holiday
• Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
• Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)