This job is no longer available
ICIS NEWS REPORTER, SUTTON
The successful candidate will be based in Sutton as a key member of the ICIS news editorial team. He/she must be able to produce sharp, accurate news stories to tight deadlines, be proactive in seeking out off-diary stories and capable of standing in for the deputy European news editor when necessary.
ICIS news operates with ICIS pricing, the world-leading chemical pricing service, to offer unrivalled coverage of global energy and chemical markets through an integrated editorial team.
• Reporting on the European chemicals industry and chemical commodities markets
• Developing contacts in the industry and identifying off-diary story opportunities. Covering industry events and interviews
• Helping to ensure all editorial processes and systems in Europe operate to the highest standards
• Standing in for the deputy European news editor when required
• Working across ICIS’ multi-media platforms online and with video and audio
KEY SKILLS DESIRED:
• Articulate and numerate journalist with a good analytical mind
• A dynamic and out-going individual with excellent inter-personal skills
• Wire service journalism experience with the ability to work quickly in a real-time environment
• Must have first class reporting, writing, editing and interviewing skills
• Knowledge of global petrochemicals or commodities markets an advantage
• Web editing, posting and software knowledge
The successful candidate will enjoy a pleasant and dynamic working environment as part of a global team, plus opportunities for travel and other benefits.
ICIS news is part of ICIS, a part of Reed Business Information, we bring market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
RBI General Benefits Package
• Pension Scheme
• 29 Days Holiday
• Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
• Life Insurance (4x salary)
• Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
• Competitive Salaries