This job is no longer available
Style Writer – Emirates Woman Group, Dubai, UAE
Emirates Woman epitomises the finest in fashion, beauty and lifestyle. It aims to educate, entertain and inspire.
Motivate Publishing publishes more than 17 leading titles, including the most prestigious fashion and lifestyle magazine in the Middle East. Emirates Woman epitomises the finest in fashion, beauty and lifestyle journalism. It aims to educate, entertain and inspire by focusing on its position as the authoritative voice in fashion, both regionally and internationally. Combining style and sophistication, Emirates Woman is a magazine dedicated to women of substance. With a mix of internationally savvy glamour and style, and a passionate undercurrent of intelligent writing and cutting-edge reports, the magazine connects with a wide demographic readership, bridging numerous cultural divides.
Emirates Woman, is looking for a bright new star to join its respected fashion and beauty team. Applicants must know their Manolos from their MuiMuis, have a strong grasp of the regional fashion scene and possess a broad knowledge and understanding of both contemporary and archival fashion. You will have a natural talent for styling and a knack for fashion and beauty writing along with a strong knowledge of local and international fashion news sources. The responsibilities include writing for style, beauty and lifestyle features across the Emirates Woman Group of magazines. The ideal candidate will hold a driving licence, be organised and able to work to strict deadlines, have the confidence to interview fashion personalities and represent the magazine at high level launches and events. In addition, you must be creative, organised, able to work with a dynamic team and have a keen appreciation of editorial deadlines.
• Editing pages
• Contributing monthly editorial fashion and beauty features and interviews
• Generatingongoing creative opportunities to develop the editorial content of the magazine
• Ongoing awareness of key trends and shift in patterns of the fashion and beauty market, regionally and internationally
• Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key figures from the fashion and beauty industry
• Attend events as an ambassador of the Emirates Woman Group and Motivate Publishing
• Work on new editorial extension ideas to promote and further develop the brand
• Ensure that the highest possible standards are achieved throughout the magazine with regards to content and design
Applications should include examples of writing and styling from your portfolio.
• Applicants must be educated to degree level and have a minimum 3-5 years experience in a similar role
• Previous experience in magazines is essential
• Extensive fashion and beauty contacts
• Current driver’s licence
If you relish the thought of working with one of the Middle East’s leading magazine publishers, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV to HR@MOTIVATE.AE.