This job is no longer available
farfetch.com is a revolutionary new ecommerce marketplace based in London. The innovative website unites over 120 of the world’s best independent fashion boutiques in one shopping website and community. The site has a fast-growing global audience with a keen interest in fashion and design. farfetch.com is a dynamic, young company with big ambitions and as such is expanding fast.
Based at the central London headquarters of the company and reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, as Content Manager for farfetch.com you will oversee the process for producing written descriptions in English and French for all items sold through the farfetch.com website. With tens of thousands of individual products going live on the site every season, this process needs to work in an efficient manner and in synchronisation with the product photography production process, based in the farfetch.com office in Portugal. farfetch.com has English and French language sites and as such creates product descriptions in both languages.
You will manage a team of seven permanent writers and a team of additional temporary interns during busier periods of the season to ensure that all content of this nature is well-written, quality controlled and in keeping with the brand guidelines. The team includes both English and French language writers, all English speaking. You will work to pre-agreed daily and weekly targets based on the production forecast and you will be required to staff the team appropriately to meet those targets and ensure that team members work to achievable individual targets.
You will work closely with the Production Manager based in Portugal to ensure that the description writing process is at all times integrated with the production process. You will manage the budget and wages of the department to ensure the process works at its most cost efficient. You will be required to instigate a quality control system to ensure that all descriptions go live on the site without errors and in perfect English or French.
• At least one year’s experience in a management role, managing a small team.
• A talent for leadership with the ability to motivate others in your team.
• A love for fashion at all levels including high-end designers and more cutting edge street style.
• A good writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with a good use of grammar.
• An understanding of garment and accessory construction and details and an ability to describe these in writing.
• An ability to work to deadlines and under pressure at times.
• An ability to work to agreed targets.
• An ability to work within a small team environment.
• An ability to speak French would be advantageous but is not essential.
• Experience using website content management or back office input systems.
• Some experience in an ecommerce environment would be advantageous.