This job is no longer available
This innovative PR agency is an award-winning specialist consultancy focusing on London and London issues. From the Olympics to swine 'flu, major transport projects to long term regeneration schemes, they are experts in communicating change and shaping opinion. They are now looking for an experienced Account Director with a broad background in corporate communications, with particular expertise of media relations as a requisite and stakeholder communications and public affairs being desirable.
Key skills include:
- At least 4 years' agency experience, able to lead account teams straight away and develop strong client relationships. You may have additional experience outside of an agency background but it is vital you do have a strong agency background.
- An emphasis on issue based and crisis communications over FMCG, with specific strength condensing and communicating complex issues.
- An established contact list - in the industries worked in, the media and/or political world.
- An understanding of London, and the way in which it operates.
- Specific experience working in any of regeneration / property / development / planning / transport / health (change management rather than pharmaceuticals).
- Other areas of interest to the company where experience would be useful are: - sport / media / culture - local government - public sector - environment - education
- Core tasks & requirements will include:
- Heading-up and driving meetings with clients, including those to win/secure new business.
- Excellent drafting and reviewing skills - whether in preparing communication strategies, press releases, key message sheets, proposal documents or client brochures.
- Strong media skills and contacts - with specific experience of proactive as well as reactive media work.
- Excellent organisational abilities - to stay on top of a complex workload without 'letting any balls drop'.
- Confident client handling and good management skills, providing a mentoring role to other staff and building close relationships with clients.
- Good understanding of issues management - adept at understanding, condensing and communicating complex issues.
We have a very detailed brief + info on this agency to support this role. Good salary on offer.