This job is no longer available
INTERNATIONAL EDITOR / WRITER – AVIATION WEEK
Serving over 1.2 million professionals in 185 countries, Aviation Week is the largest information and services provider to the global commercial, defense, maintenance/repair/overhaul (MRO), space and business aviation communities and plays a critical role in connecting industry professionals worldwide. Anchored by its flagship Aviation Week & Space Technology, Aviation Week continues to grow and evolve its portfolio to meet the needs of the industry. With the developments of higher value analytical tools - Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN), MRO Prospector and Top Performing Companies (TPC) - markets and customers are empowered with the essential data they need. AviationWeek.com, along with the events series, enable communities of buyers and sellers to connect more frequently, providing marketers with new media opportunities. Aviation Week continues to expand in the defence sector as well as in emerging markets including India, the Middle East and Asia/Pacific.
Aviation Week is a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
Aviation Week is now looking for a London based International Editor. The International Editor is accountable for coordinating all news coverage outside the U.S., including the activities of the overseas bureaus and working in collaboration with the Editorial Director/Editor-in-Chief of Aviation Week & Space Technology and appropriate team leaders. In addition, this person is responsible for helping develop long-term editorial strategy.
• Coordination of news-analysis coverage of Europe’s Aerospace/Aviation/Defense Industries, including cultivating and expanding key relationships with industry professionals.
• Coordinating and prioritizing international news-analysis coverage in collaboration with other bureau chiefs/writing editors.
• Developing, in collaboration with other team members, a process for delivering news digitally around-the-clock.
• Helping the Editorial Director manage overseas reporting team, including a full time staff in Europe and Asia, as well as a network of stringers.
• Reporting on air transport industry in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, covering airlines, aircraft manufacturers and regulatory issues, and file to both the newsletters and web.
• Reporting on defense and national security issues in Europe and Middle East, business aviation, and maintenance, repair and overhaul trends.
• Acting as an ambassador for AVIATION WEEK overseas, representing the group at conferences, moderating panels, and through appearances on U.S. and foreign television and radio news outlets.
International Editor is a senior staff position requiring extensive international experience, broad A&D industry knowledge, and fluency in at least one foreign language.
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the link below and search for vacancy number: 25358.