This job is no longer available
Job Description – Personal Finance Writer, Investors Chronicle
Position Personal Finance Writer, Investors Chronicle
Company Financial Times Department Personal Finance Department
City London Country UK
Reporting to Moira O'Neill, Personal Finance Editor, Investors Chronicle
Salary A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate to reflect the importance of this position.
The benefits package includes contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days after two years), Private Health Care Scheme & SAYE share scheme
Description Job description: Reporting to the personal finance editor, the personal finance writer covers personal finance issues, such as investment funds and retirement planning, for the magazine and website
• Contribute articles on personal finance and funds to both the website and print publication
• Contribute news stories and features on a regular basis
• Maintain contacts across the sector
• Generate ideas for and record items for FT podcasts/IC webcasts
• Liaise regularly with the personal finance editor, deputy personal finance editor and production editors (print and online) regarding copy flow and meeting deadlines
• From time to time write copy for one-off guides and special supplements
• Speak at Investors Chronicle events
Closing date 30 July 2012
Essential skills Good writing and interviewing skills. Ability to understand complex investment and personal finance issues and communicate these to investors.
Preferred skills Sound knowledge of investment funds and ability to analyse fund performance and prospects, knowledge of investment issues, retirement planning and taxation. Experience of writing for consumer audience.
To Apply Send CV and an example of your best writing to email@example.com