This job is no longer available
Public Relations Executive (UK and international media), TopCashBack
TopCashBack.co.uk is the UK's most generous, and number one free, cashback, voucher and comparison tool website. Celebrating its seventh birthday this summer, and recently being named Britain's fifth fastest growing private company in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100, TopCashBack has seen exciting expansion and now needs additional in-house public relations support to help educate consumers and businesses about its innovative money-saving and sales-enhancing prowess, for both its United Kingdom and United States websites.
TopCashBack is looking for an experienced public relations person - in-house, agency or internship experienced candidates are all welcome - ideally within the financial, technology and/or consumer world, preferably with an understanding of the affiliate industry and consumer money-saving arena, with an excellent black book of contacts to join its public relations team, based a few minutes’ walk from Charing Cross station in central London.
This new role has been created to assist with TopCashBack's busy public relations activity. Fundamentally it will involve enhancing TopCashBack's communications activity with members, journalists, bloggers, producers, broadcasters and other external audiences. Evening and weekend work will sometimes be necessary to accommodate press calls and meet deadlines.
Key duties will be to establish and maintain good press contacts, answer journalist queries, write and distribute press releases, organise press events, monitor press coverage, work with case studies, contribute ideas for PR campaigns, maintain the media centres on TopCashBack's websites and general admin tasks.
Reporting to the Head of Communications & Public Relations, the role will be based from TopCashBack's London office but will require travel to TopCashBack's HQ in Staffordshire and other locations across the UK on an ad hoc basis.
Essential skills applicants should have:
• At least 12 months’ experience in public relations: in-house, agency or internship
• Superb communication skills: being articulate and enthusiastic in verbal, written and face-to-face dealings
• A passion for money-saving
• Impressive writing ability and be confident in press release creation
• A good understanding of the importance around tailored, media communications
• The ability to identify PR opportunities on a reactive and proactive basis
• A good knowledge of the internet, social media and the affiliate marketing industry
• A proactive approach with excellent levels of self-motivation
• A creative flair, generating new ideas and commanding the ability to think outside-the-box
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to unpick results and improve strategies
• Meticulous attention to detail
• An outgoing and lively personality
• Efficient organisational skills
• A determination to achieve results
• Experience in media sell-ins, maintaining media lists and understanding the demands of the media
Useful/advantageous skills applicants could have:
• Some experience of the USA, particularly knowledge of its major retail players and the differences between British-English and American-English
In return, TopCashBack offers:
• An attractive salary
• A company laptop
• A company mobile phone
• A pension scheme (upon passing the company's probation period)
• A TopCashBack-passionate, friendly and caring working environment
• Attendance at exciting and fun press meetings and events
• Unrivalled opportunities for career progression
If you would enjoy and thrive in this role, please send your CV and a covering letter, detailing why you are perfect for the position plus your current salary and notice period, to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Natasha-Rachel Smith.
The deadline to apply is Friday 10 August, though interviews are likely to begin before this date.