This job is no longer available
Our client a leading association that is dedicated to helping organisations make a great social impact and respond positively to change, is looking for a talented Communications Officer to join their marketing team. This role reports into the Head of Communications and work and is a great opportunity should you wish to work for a value’s driven organisation which is employee owned.
They work with organisations in health, social care, local and central government, children’s services, education, the police and community safety, the voluntary sector, research, regulation and commerce. They all share a common commitment: a determination to improve the well-being of the communities they serve.
Essential role expectations:
- write high quality content for publication on the association’s online platforms.
- Develop and actively maintain relationships with editors and journalist both on and off line ensuring a steady stream of opportunities to showcase its knowledge and experiences to a wider audience
- Develop ‘newsworthy stories’ and work with relevant departments to source these.
- Take responsibility for the content of the website and blog including updating content
- Take responsibility for maintaining and developing their online social networks, in particular the Twitter account – e.g. by posting updates, finding and retweeting relevant content,
- Outsource where necessary and manage the process of using specialist agencies for design, video and advertising
Key skills and qualifications for this role include:
- Experience of having successfully undertaken a communications role for an organisation working with the public or voluntary sectors.
- Well-established recent track record of having written materials for online including web content, press releases and newsletters etc
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communications campaigns
- Pitching to, and maintaining relationships with, journalists and editors both on and offline
- Understanding of the policy and practical issues facing one of the following: local authorities, health/social care organisations, central government departments, education and skills providers, charities/voluntary organisations, social enterprises.
- A great understanding and use of social media platforms as well as online PR to generate coverage and publish content.
- Strong MS Office programmes and generate content on major platforms e.g. WordPress, Twitter
- Experience of generating/overseeing the development of content from a wide range of sources e.g. video, podcasting, animation is desirable but not essential.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, and 4% non contributory pension in addition to softer on site benefits.
This is an urgent requirement and the client is expecting CV’s by July 13th . They may consider later applicants if they are exceptional.