This job is no longer available
An exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced editor with excellent print and digital skills to join Today’s Golfer, the UK’s bestgolf brand.
As the editor-in-chief, you will be responsible for leading a team of talented golf journalistswho produce content for print and web, ensuring that all execution is excellent and that high standards are maintained.
Today’s Golfer is one of Bauer Specialist’s most important brands, dedicated to helping golfers of all abilities improve their game. The title is one of the UK’s largest golf magazines, and todaysgolfer.co.uk is growing fast. Our ambitions for the magazine and the site are high; the future is exciting.
With your strong background in sports journalism on newspapers or magazines, you will be able to show a clear direction for the development of the title and website. The ability to create innovative content in print and digital is imperative. You will build key relationships within the industry, governing bodies and decision-makers, and have excellent people-management skills.
You will be rewarded with a highly competitive starting salary and benefits package. This is the perfect opportunity to join one of Bauer’s most important multi-media brands, which will offer you excellent career prospects and the chance to develop your skills in all areas.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Proven experience managing large magazines, newspapers;
• Strong digital content skills;
• The ability to clearly explain the consumer propositions for both print and online versions of the brand;
• Excellent communication skills and confidence in building long-term and productive editorial relationships in the golf industry;
• An understanding of the game of golf is desirable but not essential.
To apply for this important editorial role, send your CV and covering letter to:
Closing date: Friday August 3, 2012