This job is no longer available
Location: Eagen, MN
Primary Objective(s): Thomson Reuters is seeking a Principal Attorney Editor to deliver legal analysis and current awareness information for Securities Law practitioners. The Principal Attorney Editor will research, write and publish timely legal analysis articles on topics related to Securities Law, including developments in litigation, legislation and regulation.
• Legal / Legal Editorial Operations / Attorney Editor
• Conceptualize, write and self edit news-driven, document-based legal analysis articles daily
• Select information about key legal developments from sources around the Thomson Reuters organization
• Curate content derived from numerous sources for delivery to securities law practitioners
• Monitor and analyze news, litigation, legislation, regulation and public securities filings or other source documents to identify trends and best practices in securities law and generate news-driven, document-based articles
• Maintain leading-edge knowledge of legal issues
• Guide non-lawyer analysts in legal research and analysis
• Write, edit, update and maintain news briefs and practical articles on legal issues, working closely with other editors and analysts
• Develop working relationships with other teams and units around Thomson Reuters to explore and identify potential sources of content
• Develop a deep understanding of customers, markets and competition in order to provide the most valuable user experience
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
• A JD with 6-8 years law firm or in-house practice experience in securities law and experience writing for a major news or legal news publication
• Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
• Proven news judgment and analytical abilities
• Ability to prioritize concurrent projects and adhere to challenging deadlines
• Ability to adapt and change quickly to meet the needs of an emerging project
• Ability to analyze and anticipate interests of a targeted audience
• Demonstrated experience using WestlawNext, Westlaw, PACER and online legal research platforms
• Ability to effectively coach non-attorneys in legal topics and help guide content
• Familiarity with Associated Press style is preferred
Please apply through our career website at: https://toc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=LEG00000700 MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.