This job is no longer available
Job Title: Financial Editor
Department: Content For Marketing
The Press Association has an exciting opportunity for an experienced financial journalist to join its dedicated City team, as part of the Content For Marketing department.
The role will help us service the needs of our growing corporate client-base. It will involve liaising with financial clients to develop content plans and ideas for articles, researching and writing these using established contacts and sources, as well as commissioning and editing additional material from freelancers and other staff writers.
The role will also oversee production of news feeds for our financial clients (in an advisory capacity) and act as a figurehead for financial content expertise within the Content For Marketing department.
Our clients include investment banks, accountants, asset managers, high street banks and building societies, insurers, and business to business service providers.
In addition, you will be expected to write for media clients through PA's news and features wires as required.
We are looking for:
• A financial journalist who is capable of writing for consumer and business audiences
• Someone with experience researching and reporting on UK and global market trends and developments, the economy in general, and consumer finance savings and investment products
• Someone who can offer insight, analysis and expertise and put market and economic developments into context.
• Additionally, any experience of writing about corporate finance and general business to business issues would be an advantage
• The finance editor must be able to generate their own content ideas to fulfil a specific client need, and to present factual information in new and engaging ways for highly educated audiences
• Must be able to work independently and organise their own schedule
• Should have a good understanding of how content can be used by corporations to market their products and services
• Experience of dealing with corporate clients/contacts and working to demanding briefs
• Subbing/copy-editing and commissioning skills and experience would be an advantage
In return, we can offer a respected position in the newsroom at the UK and Ireland's national news agency, a challenging role within an expanding team and the chance to build a name for yourself as an expert source of information.
Please send your CV and covering letter to:
Head of Content For Marketing
292 Vauxhall Bridge Road
Closing date: 1 August 2012
The company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.