This job is no longer available
Markit’s corporate communications team is looking for an experienced internal communications manager. This is a temporary position. (August-December 2012)
The role involves writing internal communication materials (announcements, CEO newsletters, intranet content), helping organise a number of internal events (town hall meetings and directors’ calls) and helping develop a new, collaborative intranet for the company’s 2,500 employees.
An internal communications specialist with a minimum of three years’ experience, you will have excellent copy writing skills enabling you to produce engaging content to tight deadlines. Financial industry experience desirable but not essential.
Duties & accountabilities
• Drafting internal announcements and getting necessary approvals.
• Sourcing, drafting and posting content on the company’s intranet.
• Producing the company’s monthly CEO Newsletter: sourcing, organising and drafting content and getting all necessary approvals.
• Helping organise the company’s Global Town Hall meeting: sourcing content, drafting running order and speech, and gathering feedback from attendees.
• Helping organise the company’s monthly directors’ call: lining up speakers, reviewing their presentations and gathering feedback from attendees.
Education and experience
• Educated to degree level
• Excellent copy writing skills
• Ability to work independently, take ownership and improve processes.
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ablility to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work effectively as part of a global organisation.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Job Title” in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive for each of our roles we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of having submitted your details, it is likely that your application has not been successful on this occasion.