This job is no longer available
Cage & Aviary Birds, the world’s only weekly newspaper dedicated to birdkeeping, is looking for a bright and enthusiastic intern to work alongside the editorial team.
We are looking for a hard-working graduate to fulfill a three-month internship this year, on a part-time basis (2-3 days per week). In return, we can offer priceless editorial experience of the live production environment at a successful consumer magazine.
Duties will include:
• Sub-editing feature articles and news stories in MS Word.
• Social media: maintaining the publication’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, as well as uploading content to the magazine’s website using a CMS system.
• Picture research for news and feature articles.
• Assisting the staff writer with organising and collating the regular product, Q&A and Readers’ Gallery pages.
• General administrative duties.
• For the right candidate, there may be the chance to write website or book reviews.
Key skills required:
• Preferably the ideal candidate would be an English or journalism undergraduate/graduate, or hold a relevant journalism qualification.
• Previous sub-editing experience is not essential, but we are looking for someone with an excellent command of the English language, top-notch spelling and grammar skills and strong attention to detail, since sub-editing will be essential to the role.
• An interest in birds or animals would be an advantage.
• Experience in CMS systems would be beneficial, but is not essential.
Kelsey Publishing is situated in a rural location in Cudham, Kent (within the M25), so own transport is essential for this role. This is a voluntary internship scheme, but we will pay reasonable travel expenses.
Please email a CV and covering letter explaining why you would be perfect for the role to Georgina Smith, email@example.com .