This job is no longer available
Poultry World, the poultry sector’s leading title covering all aspects of this diverse and innovative industry, is seeking a new reporter.
We are looking for someone with a good aptitude for writing, a self-starter with an enthusiasm to learn and to develop interesting storylines.
As part of a small team, the new reporter will cover news, business and technical subjects, and contribute to our blogs and forums.
Based in our Sutton, Surrey office, the successful candidate will also be expected to travel, both within the UK and abroad on occasion.
Reporting to the editor, main responsibilities will include:
- Writing daily news stories on issues affecting the commercial poultry sector
- Writing strong, engaging features on technical and business issues, including profiles of leading industry figures
- Attending conferences and visiting poultry businesses to capture editorial content
- Producing videos for the online channel and contributing to the forum area, Twitter and blogs
- Cross-desk working, helping the Farmers Weekly editorial team when required
Key skills and requirements include:
- Ability to write accurate, informative copy, to deadline and to brief, suitable for both print and online publication
- An interest in online journalism, including video and social media
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with the confidence to build positive relationships at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Flexible working within a wider team and a willingness to travel
- Knowledge of the poultry industry is not essential, but some understanding of agriculture would be useful
To apply please provide a CV and covering letter.
Group Pension Scheme
29 Days Holiday
Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
Save as You Earn Scheme (SAYE)